You can order your GED credentials from the GED website. You'll find detailed instructions below, but read these important bullet points first:
- If you are a third party and you want to request transcripts on behalf of individuals, go to the Third party help topic.
- Depending on where you took the GED test, you may only be able to order your transcript. Some jurisdictions will also let you order your diploma and certificate.
- You can send your credentials to any destination. During the ordering process, you will tell us where to send them: to a college, an employer, or yourself, for example.
- If we find you in the system right away, your order will be processed immediately. Sometimes, however, we may have to find you manually. For example, if you took the test many years ago, we might have to locate your paper transcript. Go to the Order on hold help topic more details.
Order your GED transcript
- Log in.
- If you took the test on a computer after January 1, 2014, go to GED.com and log in on the top right of the home page using your user name and password. If you need help logging in, go to the logging in help topic.
- If you took the test before January 1, 2014 and/or on paper, go to the Transcript request page and select where you took the test. On the next screen, log in. If you have not set up an account yet, click Create account. If you need help with registering, go to the Registration help topic for instructions on setting an account up.
- Select which document you want to order.
- If you want to order more than one type of document, you will have the option to select another document before you submit your order.
- Enter the name of the destination. You can search by institution name, acronym, city, state, or email address, for example. If you want to send your GED transcript to yourself, click Send to Yourself.
- If your destination appears, click Select.
- If your destination does not appear, click Enter your own next to Not finding your destination?
- You can now follow the onscreen instructions to order your transcript, but make sure you read the Important information below.
- In some instances, you may not be given the choice between ordering an electronic or printed transcript. For example, if you are sending your transcript to a destination that only accepts electronic transcripts, then this is the only option you will see.
- When you are finished with your order, you will be brought to your shopping cart. You can remove any documents, and you can click Continue shopping if you want to place more orders. When you are ready, click Checkout.
- You will be asked to check the box next to I Accept on the FERPA page. This means that you provide consent to release your educational records.
What happens next
- If the system is able to find your records, your document(s) will be sent out within 24 hours.
- If the system is not able to find your records, or finds more than one record, someone from our technical support team will try to manually find your record. Go to the Order on hold help topic for more details.